[Bristol-Birds] Ravens vs. Red Tail vs. Crows

  • From: Bill Cawood <b_cawood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 19:50:14 -0800 (PST)

This afternoon at Natural Tunnel I.  Bill Cawood, saw a pair of Ravens
harassing a red tailed hawk over the  Ampitheater of the Tunnel.  Later I saw a
pair of crows harassing  the Ravens...
  Still later on the birding trail at NTSP Megan Krager, the newest  addition
to the interpretive staff, and I saw a towhee in the edge that  refused to
move.  On the backside of Cove Ridge we saw a very  large Red Tail cruising at
about 15 feet above the surface of the open  field.  As we were above the bird
we got a great look at the rusty  tail fan....
  It has been a great day birding of incidental for me.
  Bill Cawood