[Bristol-Birds] Raven, Shrike; Phipps Bend, Dec 18, 2012

  • From: david kirschke <dkirschke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 12:05:42 -0800 (PST)

I birded around Phipp's Bend briefly yesterday during my lunch as I was in the
area, primarily from the road.  I did not have time to walk the ponds.  Best
birds were a Loggerhead Shrike on 11W just west of the turn to Phipp's Bend and
a Raven calling from the top of the abandoned nuclear power facility (or
whatever it is).  Also had a snipe that must have thought it was well hidden
because I eased up on it almost close enough to pick it up by its bill.  Of
course, I didn't have my camera...