[Bristol-Birds] Pribilof report

  • From: rknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:38:49 -0400

Greetings from St. Paul Island in Alaska's Pribilof Islands:

The first month of my summer-long stay here has been very good.  Westerly winds
have kindly blown a few Asian vagrants our way, including Common Greenshank,
Wood Sandpiper, Com. Snipe, Common Cuckoo, Eyebrowed Thrush, Olive-backed
Pipit, Siberian Rubythroat, Brambling, and Tufted Duck.  Whew!!  Throw in
regulars like Red-legged Kittiwake, Horned & Tufted Puffin, Least & Crested
Auklets, etc and you can understand my excitement.  The weather here is cool
(30-45 degrees), windy, cloudy, & often foggy.  Tour groups have been coming
steadily, keeping us busy -- but that's why we're here.

Hope all is well there.
I sure do miss trees & warm temperatures.

Rick Knight
Johnson City, TN  (usually)