[Bristol-Birds] Parker birding trip to texas

  • From: "Ellen Parker" <ellrose@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 09:53:32 -0500

Birders

My Mom and I are at home now but we had a great birding trip in San Antonio
TX. The First birding day we went to Mitchell Lake Wetlands where we found
Vermillion Flycatcher (picture included),

Yellow-bellied Flycatcher, Orange-crowned Warbler American White Pelican
(picture included), Northern Shoveler,Least Grebe, Crested Caracara, Sedge
Wren, Red-shouldered Hawk, Northern Harrier, Snowy Egret,  American Coot.
The Next two days we went to Fredriech Wilderness Park

and San Antonio Botanical Garden .They produced Lesser Goldfinch,
Rufous-crowned Sparrow, White-eyed Vireo, Gadwall, American Coot,
Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Wood Duck, White-winged Dove, Great-tailed Grackle,
Orange-crowned Warbler, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Bewick's Wren.

The next day proved to be a whole new story. We found Ruby-crowned Kinglet,
White-eyed Vireo, Blue-headed Vireo, Hermit Thrush, Carolina Wren,

Yellow-rumped Warbler, Orange-crowned Warbler, Inca Dove (picture
included),Black-bellied Whistling Duck, Yellow-crowned Night heron, Great
Egret, Snowy Egret, Cattle Egret,  Tropical Parula. Yes, I did just say
Tropical Parula! He had been sighted by a birder on Texas birds. We went to
the exact same spot and sure enough, he was there. Sadly, the next day was
our last birding day.

We went to Braunig Lake, where we found Peregrine Falcon (picture included),
Crested Caracara (picture included), American Coot,

Common Moorhen,, Blue-winged Teal,Gadwall, Northern Shoveler,Pie-billed
Grebe,,Forster's Tern,, Ring-billed Gull,Double-crested
Comorant,,Yellow-Rumped Warblers,Loggerhead Shrike, American Pipits,and
Eastern Meadowlarks. There was a large raft of birds that we were planning
to scope, but they were scattered by a boater. American White Pelicans were
in this group and more grebes and some loons, but they did not get close
enough for us to scope.

Charlie Parker

Piney Flats, TN

P.S. All pictures won't send in one email I'll will send others on a
different email titled more pictures