[Bristol-Birds] Re: Owl

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 22:13:22 -0400

Ruth,

Both the red morph and grey morph occur near the boardwalk at Sugar Hollow Park.
At this latitude, the ratio of red morphs to grey morphs is about 5 reds to 1
grey (5:1).  In very northern climates, the red is almost nonexistent.  We also
have a brown morph.  A brown was sometimes seen in a tree hole near the end of
the bridge to Osceola Island (Weir Dam).