[Bristol-Birds] Re: Orange-crowned Warbler, Sullivan Co., TN

  • From: Anita Huffman <housewren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Barbara Williamson <bawmson1027@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 19:29:43 -0400

That's fascinating about the Prothonotary Warblers. I've noticed that in the yard records I've been keeping since 2008, some migrants that nest here are returning a bit earlier.

Anita

On 09/25/2012 07:18 PM, Barbara Williamson wrote:

Unless the birder is a novice or unsure of the bird seen, birding
etiquette usually lets the birder's identification stand but
clarifications can be asked for. With climate change happening all
around us, changes in migratory habits will be occurring. For about 20
years Prothonotary warblers have been showing up in Richmond, VA 1 day
earlier each year.
Barbara