[Bristol-Birds] Olive-sided Flycatcher, etc...Sullivan County, TN

  • From: Robert Biller <xyon42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 22:57:55 -0400

I found an Olive-sided Flycatcher on the TVA trail at the end of Wesley Road
in the Colonial Heights section of Kingsport, TN. This is my first record of
Olive-sided Flycatcher in Tennessee. I first spotted it at a distance in the
top of a dead tree. While I was watching, it would fly out collecting
insects and return to the same perch. After the second (of 4) times, I
thought it might be an Olive-sided. I was able to get close enough to get a
descent photograph. It never did sing, but I drank (quick) 3 beers anyway
to celebrate. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xyon42/5712131466/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/xyon42/5712131622/in/photostream

The complete list is below:

5-11-11
Colonial Heights, TN
Sullivan County

Cliff Swallows
Barn Swallows
Tree Swallows
Double-crested Cormorant 5
Great Blue Heron 24
Eastern Kingbird
Field Sparrow 2
Common Yellowthroat 2
Yellow-breasted Chat 4
Mallard 7
Northern Cardinal 3
Indigo Bunting 5
Yellow-billed Cuckoo
Spotted Sandpiper 6
Solitary Sandpiper 3
Pectoral Sandpiper
White-eyed Vireo 4
Wood Duck 4
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER
Orchard Oriole
Downy Woodpecker
Great Crested Flycatcher
Belted Kingfisher
Baltimore Oriole
Common Grackle
Summer Tanager
Common Nighthawk
American Goldfinches

created with Moe's Notes
Wed 5/11/2011 - 4:35:03PM

at or near:
3401 Wesley Rd, Kingsport, TN 37664, USA
36.505447°N  82.521030°W  @359.0m

with tags: Birding, Wildlife

Rob Biller
Elizabethton, TN