[Bristol-Birds] No good photos of Surgoinsville hummer as of tonight.

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 22:01:45 -0400

The hummer host was not able to get photos today where anything helpful is
shown. She will try again Tuesday. She is fully aware this may simply be a
Ruby-throated Hummingbird with an orange throat (called gold by some
observers).  We are not going to sweep this aside until we know something more
certain.   We will continue to follow the Surgoinsville, TN bird until we are
more sure of what it might be.

Let's go birding . . . .