[Bristol-Birds] N. Bobwhites, Hampton, TN

  • From: AHoodedWarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 14:39:00 EDT

I had a pair of N. Bobwhites visit on Monday, July 4, at my home in Hampton,
Carter Co., TN. Unlike a previous visit a few weeks ago, I got to both see and
hear the birds on this occasion.

The two Bobwhites remained, for the most part, concealed beneath a large
tangle of multiflora rose. This quail used to be heard throughout the summer
along
Simerly Creek Road in Hampton about 15 years ago. I know it has been an
unexpected treat to hear one at my home since I began birding in 1993.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN