[Bristol-Birds] More Migrant Action

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 22:28:57 -0400

Hi All,
On Tuesday of this week, my good friend and fellow BCBC member, David Raines,
came up to help me count migrants.
We logged 52 species with my first Swainson's Thrush of the season and 12
warbler species, including one male Cerulean. Cape May females have shown up
every day since with Magnolias and Chestnut-sideds. The first Palm Warbler of
the season appeared this morning.

Also today I watched a Yellow-throated Vireo catch a really large caterpillar
and attempt to make it palatable. I photographed part of the process, and those
photos can be seen at http://www.pbase.com/mayhorn/ytv   The camera and lens
info is under each photo.

As soon as I stop receiving e-mails concerning the Mystery Bird I posted
earlier today, I will post the bird's ID.

Roger Mayhorn
Compton Mt
Buchanan County, VA