[Bristol-Birds] Michael Sledjeski will be speaker for BBC Tues. June 19 meeting (Steele Creek Park)

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:13:07 -0400

Mark your calendars for a very special June meeting of the Bristol Bird Club
when we will greatly enjoy the program  "Rankin Bottoms & Upper Douglas Lake -
Birds, Etc." presented by Michael Sledjeski and Leslie Gibbons.

The meeting is set for Tuesday, June 19th, at 7:30 p.m. at Steele Creek Park
conference room in the park lodge next to the Steele Creek Park Nature Center
in Bristol Tennessee.

You will enjoy a great digital photo program which will include information
about history, vegetation, conservation concerns and geography of the area,
along with bird photos through the seasons

Probably no one has ever birded this jewel of Mountain Empire waterbird habitat
any more or knows it better than Michael and Leslie.  We are in for a very rare
treat -- fun, educational and enlightening.  They will be driving up from Del
Rio, TN in Cocke County.

And don't forget to join in for great fun and great food with your fellow
members who will have a Dutch dinner before the meeting at the Mad Greek
Restaurant starting between 5:45 p.m. and 6 p.m.

BBC does not normally meet in June but we have rearranged our meeting schedule
for May, June and July due to no meeting in May because we sponsored and hosted
the TOS/VSO joint meeting and our annual BBC Picnic is now schedule for
Saturday, July 7th, at Steele Creek Park.  Mark the calendar for that date if
you have not already done so.

Let's go birding . . . .