[Bristol-Birds] Mendota Hawk Festival set for Saturday, September 12

  • From: "Harrington, R" <roneharrin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Bird Network" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 21:37:09 -0500

The Mendota Hawk Festival is Saturday, September 12, 2009. I will set up and
man the BBC booth as usual. I would appreciate some help so I can take a break,
or spend more time with folks as they drop by. If would like to volunteer,
please let me know.

I need a supply of the new BBC brochures to hand out.

So far, noone has responded to Tom Hunter's request for someone to keep the
watch at the tower on this date. Please, if you can help, let Tom know ASAP.
Copy me so I will know if someone is up there during the Hawk Festival. Each
year, several folks drive on to the Mendota tower after visiting the festival.
We need someone there who can explain about the watch and help with
identification. I will post signs at Pinnacle Road and at the old tower road as
well.

I will be at the Mendota Community Center by 8:00 a.m. to set up. I usually
leave by 4:00 p.m.

Hope you can come visit and participate in this unique event.

Ron Harrington
Bristol, VA