[Bristol-Birds] Marilyn Westphal birding Greene Co., TN 6 Jun 2015 TWO

  • From: "BBC Net" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Bristol Birds'" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 19:07:41 -0400

Marilyn Westphal

FS 31 - Hurricane Gap Rd,

Cherokee National Forest

Greene County, TN

Swainson's Warbler (3)

"Perfect habitat along much of this road. Two together in one location,

probably a pair, verified by sight. The third farther up the road

also clearly seen. We were surveying this area specifically to see if

there were Swainson's Warblers present as we have been studying their

range expansion in the NC mountains. I'd bet there are even more along

this road than the 3 we saw. All were along the lower elevation of the

road, the pair at an elevation of 2,066ft and the third at an elevation

of 2,213ft. In NC mtns we have found them up to 3,200ft."