[Bristol-Birds] Lincoln's Sparrow, etc. (Greene Co., TN)

  • From: "Donald Miller" <pandion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Bird" <TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:34:11 -0400

October 15, 2006

Greene County, including Lick Creek Bottoms Wildlife Management Area unit at
intersection of Highway 348, North Mohawk Road, and South Mohawk Road
(LCBWMA-348/MR); Wal-Mart Distribution Center (WMDC); miscellaneous back road
sites in western Greene County and in Tusculum

I spent a little over an hour at LCBWMA-348/MR late this morning, followed by
about a half hour on nearby back roads capped with a five-minute stop at WMDC.
In the afternoon, I visited the Holly Creek area of Tusculum for about an hour.
 By the end of the day, I had recorded a pleasant mix of summer residents,
winter residents, permanent residents, and transients, as follows:

Northern Pintail (WMDC)
Green-winged Teal (16 WMDC)

Wild Turkey (7)

Great Egret  (2 WMDC)

Cooper's Hawk

Tree Swallow (8)
Northern Rough-winged Swallow (6)

Golden-crowned Kinglet
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (2)

Brown Thrasher

Tennessee Warbler (2)
Magnolia Warbler
Cape May Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler (10)
Black-throated Green Warbler (2)
Palm Warbler (12)
Common Yellowthroat

Chipping Sparrow (2)
Savannah Sparrow (20)
Grasshopper Sparrow (juvenile, LCBWMA-348/MR)
Lincoln's Sparrow (2 LCBWMA-348/MR)
Swamp Sparrow (7)
White-throated Sparrow (3)

Indigo Bunting