[Bristol-Birds] Late Yellow-rumped Warbler, Grasshopper Sparrows - Buchanan County

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan Birds <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 12:32:38 -0700 (PDT)

Area Birders,

Michelle, Chazzy and I hiked up to the head of Lynn Camp Creek in Buchanan
County this morning.  Best birds were a pair of Grasshopper Sparrows and a late
Yellow-rumped Warbler.  We got to watch an aerial dogfight as three
Red-shouldered Hawks chased a Broad-wing from their territory (all four were
calling loudly during the maneuvers).

For those interested, here are some pics we made along the way:
http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/lynncamp4

Ed and Michelle Talbott
Grundy, VA