[Bristol-Birds] Kentucky Warbler, Blue-winged Warbler, Hampton, TN

  • From: ahoodedwarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:00:50 -0400

Before leaving for work this morning (Sept. 12),?I noticed a great deal of bird
activity in a large weeping willow at the fish pond at my home in Hampton, TN.

I soon detected several Tennessee Warblers (the first of the season)
and a Chestnut-sided Warbler. It was difficult to get a count of the
Tennessee Warblers, but I estimated maybe a half dozen individuals.

The best find, however, was a Blue-winged Warbler feeding in the lower
branches. As best as I can recall, this is the first Blue-winged
Warbler I have seen at home since the late 1990s.

Also present were Tufted Titmouse, Gray Catbird and Cedar Waxwing.

I REALLY hated to leave and go to work.

In addition, yesterday evening (Sept. 11) I?observed a Kentucky Warbler (first
of the season) and a Hooded Warbler.

Bryan Stevens
Simerly Creek Road
Hampton, Carter County, TN