[Bristol-Birds] Re: ID this hawk

  • From: Rick Phillips <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leelaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 10:43:15 -0500

Looks like an old adult female Cooper's Hawk. Blue-gray coloring on the
back and head, slightly rusty coloration on the breast, fluffy white
undertail coverts, darker crown, size and location would indicate this.
Hard to tell from the size of the photo, but that would be my guess.
Beautiful specimen too!

Rick

--
Rick Phillips