[Bristol-Birds] Re: I did not intend to send Osprey correction post to Bristol Birds net -- my bad !!

  • From: "Richard Knight" <rknight8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Bird Club" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:44:49 -0400

All,

As always, Wallace was very gracious about this.  However, I had not
noticed that the original message had gone out to the list instead of just
to me. I appreciated the notification that an error had occurred.

We strive for accuracy in the Season report and in the journal as a whole.
This error was due to a misprint in which a whole line of text was omitted
somewhere in the printing process.  A correction has been submitted and
will appear in an upcoming issue of The Migrant.

If you notice an error elsewhere in the Season report, please mention
it to me so that it can be made right. When typos or misprints happen, I
usually catch them, but some can slip by.

It's nice to know that someone is actually reading so closely.  Keep it up.

Also, we should all recognize the dedicated efforts of current editors
Susan McWhirter and Martha Waldron to get The Migrant back on a timely
schedule as we approach the TOS centennial in 2015. The backlog was not
of their doing, but they are fixing it at a record pace.

Rick Knight
Johnson City, TN