[Bristol-Birds] Herndon Bird Club field trip Saturday, Jan. 17, to Western Washington Cty.

  • From: Roy & Robin Knispel <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 13:57:55 -0500

The Herndon Bird Club will have a field trip this Saturday, January 17, to Western Washington County. Meet at 8 a.m. at the Ingles Grocery on Hwy 11E on the west side of Jonesborough. We will bird areas west of there including the pond on Precision Blvd. (Bush Hog Pond) and other ponds in the area and Keebler Rd. and other spots in the Limestone area. Target birds include N. Harrier, Loggerhead Shrike, Red-headed Woodpecker, Eurasian Collared-Dove, Horned Lark and, with luck, Lapland Longspur. Lunch will be at the Mountain View Restaurant on Hwy 11E.

Rick Knight will lead the trip.
The weather prediction at this time for Saturday is "sunny with a high of 54F" It should be a great day for birding! If you have questions, please call me or send email.

Roy Knispel, Pres.
Herndon Bird Club
Phone: 423-202-7802 <tel:423-202-7802>
Cell: 920-203-0332 <tel:920-203-0332>