[Bristol-Birds] Herndon Bird Club Meeting Tuesday, June 7

  • From: Roy & Robin Knispel <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 21:17:07 -0400

The regular monthly meeting of the Herndon Bird Club is Tuesday, June 7, at Northeast State Community College at the Elizabethton Campus on state Hwy 91 across from the Elizabethton Airport. The meeting will start at 7:30p.m. NOTE the CHANGE IN MEETING TIME AND LOCATION from our traditional meeting time and site. The meeting room is E103 in the Northeast State building, which is the second building back from the parking lot. The site has a large pond in front of the parking lot and is across from a BP gas station and convenience store. Agenda items include reports on May field trips, deciding on a meeting site for next year, election of officers for the next year, planning for the picnic Saturday, July 9, at the Meredith Pavilion at Winged Deer Park on Carroll Creek Rd. in Johnson City, planning of three nightjar surveys in June, and planning of the Club's single county summer bird counts: Sunday, June 12 in Unicoi County and Saturday, June 18, in Carter County.

The program will be a presentation by club member Roy Knispel on their trip to Alaska in June, 2015.

Prior to the meeting at Northeast State, those interested will meet for dinner and socializing at 6:00 p.m. at Creekers BBQ at 256 Hwy 91 in Elizabethton. Creeker's BBQ is on Hwy 91 between Hwy 19E and Northeast State, so for almost all of us, it is on the way to the meeting site at Northeast State. We will meet to eat in one of the back rooms.

All are invited to the meeting and to eat at Creeker's ahead of time. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me email or call me. Thank you.

Roy Knispel, Pres.
Lee & Lois Herndon Chapter, TOS
Phone:  423-202-7802
Cell:     920-203-0332