[Bristol-Birds] Herndon Bird Club Meeting Tuesday, April 7

  • From: Roy & Robin Knispel <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 22:13:03 -0400

The Herndon Bird Club regular monthly meeting will be this Tuesday, April 7, at 7 p.m. in the Science Building at Milligan College. To get there, come up the entry road into the College, turn right just past the Gregory Center (on the right) into the parking lot. The Science Building is straight ahead as you come into the parking lot. The meeting will be in a room on the right just as you enter the Science Building.

Agenda items include a report from the nominating committee, consideration of a field trip in April, discussion of field trips and setting up a field station display on Saturday, April 25, at the Roan Mountain Spring Naturalist Rally, and discussion of the Club Banquet Friday, April 17 (a separate email on the banquet will be sent separately).

Club member Joe McGuiness of the U.S. Forest Service will give a short report on planned culvert repair work to be done in the near future on the popular birding roads, Forest Service Rd. 188 off Dry Creek Rd. south of Johnson City, and Forest Service Rd. 230 over Unaka Mountain.

The 5-county Spring Count will be held Saturday, May 9, and will be organized at the May meeting, Tuesday, May 5.

A presentation will be given by club members Charles Moore and Roy Knispel on the birding trip we took in March, 2014, to the Alabama and Mississippi Gulf Coast and the Little River Gorge in Alabama.

Prior to the meeting, interested attendees will meet for dinner and socializing at 5:30 p.m. at ARBY's on South Roan in Johnson City--across from the ONE STOP store.

ALL ARE INVITED to the MEETING AND TO ARBY'S for dinner beforehand.

If you have questions on club activities or the meeting, please feel free to call me or send me email. Thank you.

Roy Knispel, Pres.
Lee & Lois Herndon Chapter, TOS
Phone: 423-202-7802
Cell: 920-203-0332