[Bristol-Birds] Herndon Bird Club Field Trip to Rankin Bottoms postponed until Saturday, August 27

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 13:58:39 -0400

I'm resending this message because of errors and omission of my telephone
number in the earlier message I sent.

The Herndon Bird Club field trip to Rankin Bottoms originally planned for
Saturday, August 20, is being postponed until Saturday, August 27.
Based on Michael Sledjeski's report on Bristol Birds and the TVA report on the
Douglas Lake water level expected for Saturday, Aug 20, shorebird viewing would
still be hindered by the somewhat high water level.

We will meet Saturday, August 27, at 2:00 p.m. at the K-Mart parking lot in
Johnson City and car pool to Rankin Bottoms.  We will plan to eat in the later
afternoon/evening in that area, then return to Johnson City.  This trip is set
for afternoon rather than morning because the direction of sunlight is much
better for viewing in the afternoon at Rankin Bottoms.

If you have questions, please feel free to call me or send email.

Roy Knispel, Pres.
Lee & Lois Herndon Chapter, TOS
Phone:  423-202-7802