[Bristol-Birds] Herndon Bird Club Carter County Summer Count this Saturday

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 19:01:03 -0400

At the Club meeting Monday night, Rick Knight organized the Herndon Club Summer
Bird Count for Carter County.   The count will be held this Saturday, June 9
and the Compilation will be done at Sycamore Shoals Sunday, June 10 at 2 p.m.
If weather permits, meet outside Sycamore Shoals at the picnic benches for the
compilation--if it is raining, we will do the compilation in the inside lounge
area at Sycamore Shoals.

Leaders, areas and participant groups for the count are as follows:

Bryan Stevens, Brookie and Jean Potter--Sycamore Shoals, Lynn Valley, Wilbur,
Stoney Creek, Town of Watauga, and Holston Mountain

Glen Eller, Roy Knispel, and Jerry Bevins--Roan Mountain village, Hampton Creek
Cove, Roan Mountain State Park and Ripshin

Tom McNeil, Rob Biller, Jim and Darla Anderson--Hampton, Dennis Cove, Watauga
Lake

Kim Stroud, Don Holt, Dianne Draper, Mary Anna Wheat--Little Stoney Creek,
Poga, Walnut Mountain

Rick Knight, John Hay and Jim D. Anderson--Hwy 143 in the Roan Mountain area
from Twin Springs on up to Carver's Gap, and area around Carver's Gap

If you would like to participate in the count, please contact the leader of the
group you would like to join to let him/her know and to find out when and where
to meet to begin the count, or contact me by email or phone for more
information.

Additional Nightjar Survey--the Nightjar Survey planned for Friday, June 1, was
postponed because of bad weather.  This Survey will be held on Saturday, June
30, with a raincheck date of  Tuesday, July 3.  To participate, meet at Primo's
Restaurant in Elizabethton at 7:30 p.m. if you would like to eat with the
group, or be at Primos by 8:45 p.m. if you plan to eat elsewhere and just want
to participate in the survey.

Herndon Bird Club PICNIC will be held Saturday, July 14, at the Harris Pavilion
in Rotary Park in Johnson City.  We have the pavilion reserved from 4 to 9 p.m.
and plan to eat about 6 p.m.  Bring a dish (salad, hot dish or dessert) to
share and bring for yourself whatever meat and/or other food you would like to
grill on the charcoal grills available at the pavilion.  Club members will be
providing charcoal, ice and drinks, and utensils, plates, napkins, cups.

Please check with me by email or phone if you have questions.

Roy Knispel, Pres.
Phone:  423-202-7802
Cell:  920-203-0332