[Bristol-Birds] Herndon Bird Club Banquet Friday, April 15

  • From: Roy & Robin Knispel <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 22:26:29 -0400

The Herndon Bird Club will have its annual banquet on Friday, April 15, at the Tipton-Haynes Historic Site on S. Roan St. in Johnson City. We plan to eat at 6 p.m. Come early to bird the area.
There will be a choice of menu--Pork BBQ with beans and cole slaw, or a vegetarian entree and cole slaw--and dessert with either option. The plan is for Creeker's to cater the BBQ and desserts and Jason's Deli to cater the vegetarian choice. Drinks will include regular and decaf coffee, sweet and unsweet tea, water and a variety of choices of soda. Planning of details will be done at our meeting Tuesday, April 5. The club will provide paper plates and dishes, cups, utensils, and napkins. The price will be $16 per person. Registration and payment is required ahead of the banquet, so we can order the proper amount of food. Make out your check to Herndon TOS and send it to our Treasurer, Kim Stroud, at

Elizabethton Bird Club
PO Box 183
Elizabethton, TN  37644-0183

Be sure to indicate your choice of Pork BBQ or Vegetarian for your meal when you send your check. You may instead pay Kim at the next club meeting, Tuesday, April 5.

Our Banquet Speaker will be Mr. David Hanni, Bird Conservation Coordinator with the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency. His presentation, entitled “An Introduction and Thoughts on Future Bird Conservation in Tennessee”, will follow the meal.

Roy Knispel, Pres.
Lee & Lois Herndon Chapter, TOS
Phone:  423-202-7802
Cell:   920-203-0332