[Bristol-Birds] Guesses Fork, Buchanan Co., VA

  • From: "Ed Talbott" <etalbott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birders" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:01:53 -0400

Bristol Area Birders,

Michelle and I, along with Shirley Justus and Danny McCoy, birded the
reclaimed strip mine site at Guesses Fork in Buchanan County, VA this
morning.  It was a slow morning of birding but we did get some good
looks at the species listed below.  Scarlet Tanagers are starting to
lose that brilliant red color and a few of the Indigo Buntings are
starting to look a little worn.  The Wild Cherry trees were full of
Robins and the blackberries looked to be at their peak for picking.

Good Birding,

Ed Talbott
Buchanan Co. Bird Club

Yellow-throated Warbler