[Bristol-Birds] Re: Great Blue Heron

  • From: Robert Biller <earedgrebe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 00:54:37 -0500

The Great Blue Heron nest, in years past, was on Government Road on the Abingdon side of Damascus. Disregard previous location. This is where they have been seen again this year. This is a unconfirmed report from a resident in the area.

Rob Biller
Elizabethton, TN

Sent from my iPod

On Feb 26, 2009, at 2:44 PM, Robert Biller <earedgrebe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Rick's post reminds me that I was told about a week ago that the Great Blue Herons have been spotted in Damascus, VA area again this year. I assume they are in the same area as last time but I cannot be sure. When I find out more information Last time they nested in the tops of White Pine trees (I believe) near the river. Seems like it was on the Backbone side of Damascus.

Rob Biller
Elizabethton, TN

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Rick Phillips <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: One Great Blue Heron was on a stick nest at the colony along Netherland Inn Road in Kingsport this morning (02/26).

Rick Phillips