[Bristol-Birds] Golden Eagle, Golden-winged Warblers, The Cove, Tazewell Co

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, virginia birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 15:22:38 -0700 (PDT)

This morning Laverne and I did some birding in the Cove in Tazewell County,
Va. Laverne heard 4 Golden-winged Warblers singing in an area on Hogback Road.
She also heard Blue-winged Warblers, Grasshopper Sparrows. We also had
Baltimore Oriole, Scarlet Tanager, Black and White Warbler, 2 Solitary
Sandpipers and we also saw a Golden Eagle being harrassed by a Red-tailed Hawk.
It was a very good morning.

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club
Lebanon, VA