[Bristol-Birds] Golden Eagle

  • From: Herdfanmark@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxx, va-bird-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, cbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 19:17:56 EST

Greetings,
                I was looking at a pair of pied-billed grebes today through
my spotting scope when they both dove under the water quickly,and at the very
same instant.  I looked up and saw a large bird in that area of the lake.  I
went back to my spotting scope and saw an Adult Golden Eagle flying low over
the
lake.  It circled the area above the grebes a couple of times and landed in a
tree on a nearby ridge. I watched this bird for at least 30 minutes before it
moved on.  I didn't know that Golden Eagles hunted grebes, but I guess if you
are an Eagle you can hunt whatever you want!

                         Good Birding,

                                             Mark Mullins

                                             Claytor Lake,Va

products.