[Bristol-Birds] Fw: eBird Report - Rankin Bottoms, Sep 5, 2011

  • From: david kirschke <dkirschke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, TN-birds <TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 18:57:35 -0700 (PDT)

Spent the afternoon canoeing at Rankin Bottoms in intermittent rain - camera
had the day off.  It was actually pretty nice between showers with close looks
at a good variety of shorebirds.  The most excitement was a dark tern flying
directly at me; then it went past and some (but not all) of the excitement
faded - Black Tern.  The main differences from Mike Sledjeski's report
yesterday are addition of Ruddy Turnstone and Dunlin, and I did not locate the
White-rumped Sandpiper or any Buff-breasted Sandpipers.