[Bristol-Birds] Fw: Earthquake felt, heard in Jetersville

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:42:43 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Lively
To: Wallace Coffey
Sent: August 23, 2011 09:17
Subject: Earthquake felt, heard in Jetersville

Moderator's Note - Joe Lively is a subscriber of Bristol-Birds Net who lives
just
west of I-95 at Jetersville, Va.  His location is east of Lynchburg, Va.

  Subject: Earthquake felt, heard in Jetersville. Aftershock tonight.

  Time noticed : Approx. 1: 50. Quake felt  strong in Jetersville, Va.  Seemed
like one continuous tremor that endured for a long while - more than 45 seconds
according to watch.  Shook a few objects off shelf, rattled whole house. Could
feel the ground roll outside, actually had some difficulty standing for a
moment. Noticed tree branches shaking and an ominous rumble. Birds stopped
singing. Started again later. Amusing to see fishing rods vibrating in my
aluminum boat. This seemed similar to quakes felt in New Mexico, Arizona and
California. Noticed that cell phones went out. Also felt a much weaker after
shock tonight about 8:00PM tonight.

  Joe Lively