[Bristol-Birds] Fox Sparrow...Kingsport

  • From: "Rick Phillips" <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:37:09 -0500

Yesterday morning when I got out of my car at work I heard a vaguely
familiar call note coming from some scrubby growth at the edge of a woodlot.
I knew I had heard the note before, but also knew it was not something I do
not hear regularly.  I chased the bird down and it was a single Fox
Sparrow.  This would be a Hawkins County record...although still within the
Kingsport City Limits.  Maybe this guy will hang around for the Kingsport
Christmas Count.

Rick Phillips
Kingsport, Tennessee