[Bristol-Birds] Fox Sparrow

  • From: "Richard Lewis" <mountainbirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 11:07:51 -0500

I banded a Fox Sparrow this morning (11-7).  I started hearing them yesterday
in the woods.
I am also hearing several Purple finch and Pine Siskin, along with a few Hermit
Thrush.

I caught an immature male Cooper's Hawk in the net yesterday.  I was not
expecting that so
I had no gloves with me.  I was still able to get it out of the net and band it
with no blood loss.
However, I did get hung on a multiflora rose later in the day and bleed
profusely.

Richard Lewis

Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses