[Bristol-Birds] Feeder birds plus GBH

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 14:55:56 -0400

To: Bristol Birds
From: Todd Eastin
Subject: Feeder birds plus GBH
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 20:37:22 -0400

This latest last gasp of winter weather really brought the birds to my =
feeder today.  It was casual observation with few hard numbers but the =
following were observed:

Mourning Dove    (6)  often up to 20 on other days
Red-bellied Woodpecker (2)
Hairy Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker    (2)
Blue Jay
C. Chickadee    (2)
T. Titmouse   =20
W-b Nuthatch    (2)
Purple Finch    (4)
Goldfinch    (20+)
Dark-eyed Junco (8+)
Curiously missing today:  Cardinal

Separately, I have been observing the courtship and beginning of =
incubation on a nest of a pair of Great Blue Herons on a ridge above the =
entrance to the Jacobs Creek Job Corps on Denton Valley Road, Sullivan =
Co., TN.  This nest shares habitat with a large number of black and = turkey
vultures that have a roost on a nearby ridge.  I have seen the = herons use
this nest for three years now.

Todd Eastin
Shady Valley
Johnson Co.
TN

MENDOTA HAWK MIGRATION DAILY AND SEASON TOTALS CAN
BE FOLLOWED DAILY ON THE HAWK MIGRATION ASSOC. SITE
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsite=706&PHPSESSID=b2eb5deb1ae5a23e55dcf30171c5ba85

http://bristolbirdclub.org