[Bristol-Birds] Fall Branch Hummer

  • From: Glen Eller <gleneller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bristol-birds " <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 10:21:53 -0500 (EST)

My daughter Lia and I are amazed at the strength & endurance of this little
female Rufous hummingbird as she seems to survive all this cold weather and
sits patiently waiting on my daughter to replace a quickly freezing feeder
about every 2 hours.  The little hummer spends a lot of time in the two
evergreen trees about 50 feet behind the feeders.  We hope she is able to
continue to amaze us with her endurance until she decides to return to her
summer home.

Glen Eller
Kingsport, TN