[Bristol-Birds] FREE PIZZA for Highlands Festival Events Planning (Thurs Jan 28)

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:20:08 -0500

From: Angela Watland
Subject: FREE PIZZA for Highlands Festival Events

Hello Virginia Highlands Nature Lovers!
The 2009 Virginia Highlands Festival, "Entwined in the Virginia Highlands,"
will be held from July 25th-Aug. 9th. As individuals and representatives of
local organizations, we appeal to you to get involved with the Natural Resource
Committee (NRC). Every year, we plan events (outdoor-related field trips,
lectures, slideshows, demonstrations, tours, workshops, etc.) during the
Festival to educate the general public about our precious natural resources. It
is a great chance to share your individual or organizations' visions &
knowledge and reach a broad audience- so don't be left out!

WHAT YOU CAN DO:
  a.. LEAD AN EVENT! We are looking for fun, family-oriented, natural resource
events to be held during the festival. See the attached calendar for tentative
events already scheduled. If you or your organization have great ideas for
events or would like to host an event, please fill out the attached event sheet
and return to or contact awatland@xxxxxxx with any questions by mid-February!
If you want to be involved but don't know how, contact me and visit the
Festival website for descriptions of the 2008 events and ideas.
http://www.vahighlandsfestival.org/outdoors.html
  b.. Eat Free Pizza & find out more ways to help at the next NRC meeting:
Thurs. Jan. 29th, 5 p.m. at The Nature Conservancy's Office on 146 E. Main
Street in Abingdon. We are exploring an exciting new opportunity to hold an
Eco-Fair at the Farmer's Market Pavilion in Abingdon, during the Festival-
another great opportunity for organizational outreach and education that will
require more volunteers to pull off!
  c.. CLAIM A DATE FOR YOUR EVENT & SEND IN YOUR EVENT SHEET & any related
pictures. Check out the attached calendar & please confirm your event, if you
are the leader. Contact me ASAP with tentative dates- (don't wait until you've
filled out the sheet, so that I can fill the gaps in the calendar!) The due
date for events (due to publicity constraints) is rapidly approaching-
FEB.13th, so please send ASAP!
** If you've received this email and do not wish to be included in future
correspondence regarding the Highlands Festival NRC Events, please reply to
awatland@xxxxxxx and ask to be removed from the distribution list.

      Angela M. Watland
      Conservation Planner

      awatland@xxxxxxx