[Bristol-Birds] Eurasian Collared Dove at Kingsport

  • From: Rick Phillips <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 10:19:29 -0400

Had a single Eurasian Collared Dove around 9:30 am today (05/20) near the
Roosevelt Elementary School at the intersection of Mimosa St and Walnut St.
I saw the bird landing on a wire as I was driving by and was struck by the
size,light grayish color, and squared-off tail. I turned around and drove
back and got a good look at the perched bird through binocs and could easily
see the ring around the back of the birds neck. I watched for a couple of
minutes before the bird flew off to the west in the direction of the old
WalMart store on W. Stone Drive (near where 11W goes underneath I-26). First
time I have seen this bird in Kingsport. I've seen hundreds (if not more) in
south Florida.

Rick

--
Rick Phillips