[Bristol-Birds] Eurasian Collared Dove - Grayson County

  • From: "Allen Boynton" <allenboynton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "NRV Birds" <nrvbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Blue Ridge Birders" <blueridgebirders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 12:14:53 -0400

I have been banding mourning doves at my home as part of a 29-state project to
determine dove harvest and survival rates and dove movements.  Yesterday
morning a Eurasian Collared-dove showed up at my trap site in western Grayson
County and did his best to run all the mourning doves off (unsuccessfully).
This is the first Eurasian Collared-dove that I have seen in Grayson County
since moving here in 1996.