[Bristol-Birds] Disheartening sight

  • From: Bill Cawood <b_cawood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:50:10 -0700 (PDT)

Today, I took a drive into the national forest on the Wise County/Lee County
line.  I was looking at the viewshed of a new 275 foot cell tower that is
supposed to be erected in the next few months.
I heard the following birds: flicker, pileated woodpecker, hooded warbler,
ovenbird, crow, cardinal.
I was very upset to find the carcasses of two tom turkeys in the middle of the
road with their breasts and beards taken, the rest of the birds were left to
rot.

Bill Cawood
Big Stone Gap, VA