[Bristol-Birds] Dickcissel, Warbling Vireos, Baltimore Orioles

  • From: dnldhlt@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 12:27:45 -0400

I forgot to mention one on my last post.

     TUE 16 MAY 2006
     Keebler Rd., Washington Co., TN
Dickcissel - 1 singing male

Dianne Draper and I enjoyed a thrush symphony Wed. evening.

     WED 17 MAY 2006
     Winged Deer Park, Washington Co., TN
Veery - 1
Swainson's Thrush - 3
Wood Thrush - 3
Kentucky Warbler
I found Baltimore Oriole at two sites and Warbling Vireo at four sites on my
way to work this morning.
Long commutes are such a drag, unless you start early :-)

     THU 18 MAY 2006
     Bush Hog Blvd., Washington Co., TN
Green-winged Teal - 1 drake
Green Heron
Spotted Sandpiper
Warbling Vireo
Baltimore Oriole - 1 male & 1 female

     John Carson Rd., Washington Co., TN
Northern Bobwhite

     Blalock Rd., Washington Co., TN
Northern Bobwhite
Blue Grosbeak

     Shanks Rd., Washington Co., TN
Warbling Vireo

     Kyker Rd., Washington Co., TN
Warbling Vireo
Northern Waterthrush

     McInturf Rd., Washington Co., TN
Warbling Vireo
Baltimore Oriole
On Sunnyside Rd. in Greene Co. this morning I observed a Great Blue Heron
killing and eating a bullfrog.  Bloody business.  You will never see me
intentionally get within the striking distance of a Great Blue.

Don Holt
Johnson City, TN