[Bristol-Birds] Dave Worley brings Birds of Costa Rica to the BBC Tues. Nov 17 meeting

  • From: "Janice Martin" <redwing@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 19:58:31 -0500

<https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=46&cad=rja&ua
ct=8&ved=0CDgQFjAFOChqFQoTCMHF0LigjskCFULnJgodoWoARg&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.a
udubon.org%2Fnews%2Fbringing-birds-costa-rica-vermont-classroom&usg=AFQjCNF3
1udjjmQR8jIU2N-ksNkqwN23VQ> Bringing the Birds of Costa Rica to the BBC --
Come join everyone for a "Lovely" program about spectacular avian diversity
where 850 species of birds- -more than the total of what North America has--
is packed into an area half the size of Kentucky. Its extraordinary bird
life is due to the country's great variety of habitats: rain forests,
mangrove swamps, beaches, cloud forest and rivers.

The Bristol Bird Club meets at 7:30 pm on Tuesday, Nov 17, in the Susan
Kegley room of the Bristol Public Library. For those who like, we will have
a dutch treat meal before the meeting at the Mad Greek Restaurant on the
Volunteer Parkway about 6 pm. Everyone is welcome. You do not have to be a
member to participate in the meal or the meeting. It is one of the ways to
meet BBC folks and get to know each other better.

Where do you want to go birding in Costa Rica? Dave will share with you a
PowerPoint presentation of his March 2005 trip to Costa Rica where he spent
more than a week with a group of area birders. Costa Rica has long been
famous among serious bird watchers. This is a presentation that is back by
popular demand from a decade ago.

There is much BBC news and developments to share. You will enjoy it all
from our Nov 28th upcoming Black Saturday field trip with details, leaders
and exciting plans to fun fellowship opportunities just around the corner. I
am even having second thoughts about our trip to Kentucky to visit family
after learning what will be happening. You will learn much and enjoy much
at our meeting. I am sure everyone will want to get in on our drawings for
door prizes and an exciting give-a-way.

Hope to see you there,

Janice Martin

President, Bristol Bird Club