[Bristol-Birds] Correction/addition to post of 9-7-2011 on Rankin Bottoms

  • From: Alice Loftin / Don Miller <pandion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 08:40:38 -0400 (EDT)

September 8, 2011

Birders,

A personal e-mail from Michael Sledjeski and Rick Knight's follow-up post to
the birds seen in Cocke County yesterday remind me that a Wilson's Phalarope
was present at Rankin when I was there yesterday morning.  I had failed to
include the WIPH in my field notes and thus failed to put it in my post.  This
brings my personal shorebird list for the visit to twenty-three.  The Baird's
Sandpiper that Rick added brings the daylist of shorebirds to twenty-four.
This is a remarkable total, even for upper Douglas Lake.

Don Miller

Greeneville, Greene Co., TN