[Bristol-Birds] Clay-colored Sparrow - evening of 5/13 - Sycamore Shoals State Park

  • From: Robert Biller <xyon42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 10:13:07 -0400

I'm sorry for just now posting this. I had meant to last night.

Carter County

The Clay-colored Sparrow was re-located again yesterday afternoon / evening
at Sycamore Shoals State Park in Elizabethton. There is also a pair of
Brown Thrashers building a nest in the Big Holly tree near the entrance
road. Other Feeder birds included Chipping Sparrow (2), Cardinals, House
Finches(2), Chickadee, Titmouse, and Mourning Doves.

I arrived around 4:00 but didn't relocate the bird until about 5 or so.
Afterwards, David and I walked behind field that has the mowed paths and
found a few goodies. At least 3 singing male Yellow-breasted Chats, a
female Common Yellowthroat, 2 Wood Ducks on the river, 2 Kestrels that
appear to be nesting, a fly-by Orchard Oriole, many Field Sparrow and
Indigo Buntings singing, After leaving there we stopped over on Blevins
Road and found the Yellow-crowned Night Heron nest fairly easily at the
stop next to the dock by the river - the nest is across the road in a
Sycamore Tree. It was all just as Bryan Steven's said it would be - Thanks
Bryan!

Rob Biller
Elizabethton, TN

Robert Biller