[Bristol-Birds] Cerulean Warbler (Greene Co., TN)

  • From: Alice Loftin / Don Miller <pandion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 22:29:30 -0400 (EDT)

May 6, 2011
Greene County: Greeneville

I was pleasantly surprised this morning to find a Cerulean Warbler singing
along the street behind our house in town. I heard it clearly a couple of times
but was unable to get a look, as it disappeared behind the houses along the
street.

This is the ninth consecutive year I have found the species in Greene County,
with the majority of the records occurring in spring, between April 22 and May
8.

Don Miller
Greeneville, Greene Co., TN