[Bristol-Birds] Carver's Gap to Cloudland birds today

  • From: Katherine Noblet <ednkan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 16:20:03 -0400

My husband and I decided to hike from Carver¹ Gap to Cloudland this morning
and I was hoping for some good birding.  The area still looks like winter
with very little foliage out yet and the wind was blowing 30 mph.

Along the AT hike I found red-breasted nuthatches, a chestnut-sided warbler,
several yellow-rumped warblers, numerous golden-crowned kinglets and juncos,
and several of Canada warblers and veeries.

K. Noblet Johnson City Carter Co.