[Bristol-Birds] Burkes Garden trip

  • From: "Dave Worley" <daveworley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 07:53:26 -0500

Don`t forget, tomorrow Saturday Feb.7th, we will visit Burkes Garden, Va. to
look for some great birds.
This trip is an annual event and always has great sightings.  Last year we had
great looks at Bald and Golden Eagles, along with Rough-legged Hawks.
The weather is expected to be warm and sunny.
From Bristol area come north on I-81, take exit 14 and come into Abington, turn
left on US 19 north and proceed to Tazewell, Va.  Take the Hwy 61, Rocky Gap
exit, at bottom of ramp turn left and proceed to traffic light.  Turn right and
proceed to Hardees.  We will depart Hardees at 9 am, so get there earlier if
you want to eat or visit.
It will take nearly 2 hours from Bristol.
Wallace Coffey is coming up with a full load, but if you want to follow him,
let him know.
For the GPS people, the address of Hardees is 9500 E. Fincastle St., Tazewell,
VA.

Dave Worley
276-971-7244 cell