[Bristol-Birds] Bristol Birds Net offline since noon Wednesday

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 17:00:54 -0400

It appears that the Bristol-Birds server we have with FreeLists
has been offline from about noon Wednesday until sometime
before 6 a.m. today (Friday).   I have no official word but
here is what I have been able to figure out on my own:

    -- it was not limited to Bristol-Birds.  It looks like the
massive lists provided by FreeLists were all down.

    -- Bristol-Bird archives and the archives of all other state
lists I could check were also down.

    -- the television station in the community where the
FreeLists servers are located reported very harsh weather
conditions and widespread power outages.  It is my belief
they were down due to the storm.  This could be any type
of problem.

Let's go birding . . . .