[Bristol-Birds] Bristol Bird Club Meeting

  • From: "Janice Martin" <redwing@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 21:53:25 -0500

This is just a reminder to all interested in birds, of our program scheduled
for Tuesday, November 17 at 7:30 p.m. in the Susany Kegley room at the
Bristol Public Library. Dave Worley will present a program on Birds of Costa
Rica. I stated in my last email that Costa Rica has more bird species than
the total of North America but it seems that may not be quite the case. One
site tells me that 894 species has been recorded in Costa Rica and another
says that 919 species are on the check-list for Costa Rica. I also learned
that the A.O.U. check-list for North America has 914 species. So we are
running fairly close with one another and the area of Costa Rica is quite
smaller than North America. Regardless of the numbers we will see some of
the beautiful species found in Costa Rica that are not found in North
America.

Remember also, that prior to the meeting for all those interested we will
meet at the Mad Greek Restaurant for a dutch treat meal at about 6:00 p.m..

Hope to see you there,

Janice Martin,

President Bristol Bird Club.