[Bristol-Birds] Bobolink, Prairie Warbler - St John's Pond

  • From: Robert Biller <xyon42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 17:16:32 -0400

Leaving St. John's Pond for my second job.  Here is my list.

5-4-10

St.  John's Pond - Washington County, TN

Bobolinks - at least 35. Mainly singing males with at least 2 females. They
were all at or near the edge of the water when a low flying airplane
scattered them back in the field behind the pond.  They are slowly returning
as I write this.  Impressive to hear them all singing at once.

Prairie Warbler 1 - Sheer luck to catch him sneaking through the grass.

Barn Swallows 8
Eastern Phoebe 1
Eastern Kingbird 2
Orchard Oriole 2