[Bristol-Birds] Black-bellied whistling-ducks, Hawkins Co

  • From: "BBC Net" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Bristol Birds'" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 18:36:48 -0400

From: Scott Somershoe
Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 8:21 PM
To: tn-bird
Subject: [TN-Bird] Black-bellied whistling-ducks, Hawkins Co

Gary Loucks, TWRA creek clerk in east TN, sent me photos today of at least 20
black-bellied whistling-ducks on the Holston River across where Beech Creek
intersects with the river. This is just above the John Sevier Steam plant, in
Rogersville TN, Hawkins Co. I'm under the impression there are more birds not
photographed! I can send photos privately if desired. I didn't want to attach
them to an email post. I posted photos on the TN Birding Facebook page for
those on there.

This is just another great find by Gary over the last few years!

Cheers,

Scott Somershoe