[Bristol-Birds] Re: Black Tern at South Holston Lake

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:16:44 -0400

Hi Don,

But the question is, did Virg Carr give you a bag of pink, red and yellow
tomatoes ?  He did me.  They are delicious !  So that ought to tell you
something ;-)  I would have had all the additional birds you reported except I
left my eye glasses, binoculars and scope at home.  Being birding blind, in
such cases, I had to identify all my birds by ear.  I did not hear the
additional egrets, nigh-herons, ducks and sandpiper and they did not fly close
enough to my chum line for me to feel the air from their wingbeats.  I know why
you and Dianne follow me around to get good birds.  What I want to know is how
you guys know where and when I will be birding ?   :-(   I am going to start
doubling back on you !